Media Center Rules
Media Center Rules
1. All students will be respectful and courteous to each other, to teachers and to Media Center staff. Push in your chairs as you exit the Media Center at the end of each period.
2. All Media Center materials, computer software and hardware are to be treated responsibly. Students caught damaging or abusing them will be held responsible. Students will be held financially responsible for the replacement cost of lost or damaged books. Any student who has overdue books will not be allowed to borrow more books until the overdue books are returned or renewed.
3. Computer software, hardware, subscription databases and Internet access are all provided free of charge for educational purposes. These resources are not to be used for personal matters unrelated to school. The following are unacceptable uses and could result in a suspension of Media Center privileges: accessing obscene or harmful material; using school software or hardware to harass or threaten others or to transmit hate mail or discriminatory remarks; altering, mishandling or disabling school software or hardware; making unauthorized downloading or installations of software; visiting gaming sites or other entertainment sites. Students come to the Media Center to complete assignments, not to socialize or play video games.
4. Printers are to be used for school assignments only; please click the “print” button only once.
5. No food or drink allowed in the Media Center. This includes bottled water.
6. All general school policies are in force in the Media Center. No cell phones, no hats/hoods, no i-pods, no gum.
Students are expected to be familiar with these and all school policies. Ignorance is no excuse.
If you are found to be in violation of any of these rules, your access to the Media Center and the computers may be suspended and you may be subject to other disciplinary measures.
A Brief Note on Safe Use of the Computers
Never reveal personal information – such as your name, social security number, home or work address, telephone, etc. – over the Internet.
Do not share your student ID number and PW with other students. If another student logs in “as you” and violates the Acceptable Use Policy, you will share responsibility with him/her.
Log off at the end of each class period; that will prevent someone else from doing things under your ID.
In the meantime, please visit the main Media Center page.